We offer an on-going, one-Sunday orientation to what membership at First Baptist is all about.
The Membership Matters class is scheduled for the first Sunday of each month. We meet from 9:30-11:30 am in Room E206 (second floor of our Children’s Building). Occasionally, the schedule may shift due to holidays, etc., but those changes will be posted on our website banner.
What We Cover:
- Our Salvation – what it means to be a follower of Christ
- how to become a member of First Baptist
- the meaning of baptism
- the meaning of the Lord’s Supper
- Our Statements – what we hold in common
- our vision and mission statements
- how we do worship
- why we encourage small groups
- how to get involved in serving
- our basic doctrinal beliefs
- Our Structure – how we operate as a church
- the church as fellowship, family, body, and flock
- how we function – staff, deacons, committees, teams
- our 4C discipleship process
- Our Strategy – how we accomplish our mission
- circles of commitment
- our affiliations – why and how we cooperate with other groups
- membership expectations
We encourage new members and those “checking us out” to attend the class at your convenience.
There’s no better way to get acquainted with First Baptist, to meet other “newbies,” and to begin to feel a part of our family than our Membership Matters class!
For more information, contact John Tappan at 502-538-7361 or email@example.com.